Four preternatural films were among the most rented and sold DVDs during the week ending 8 May, 2011, according to Rentrak Corporations’s Retail Essentials and Home Video Essentials tracking services. Somewhat surprisingly, however, the same four preternatural films didn’t make both lists.
Fans of the preternatural invested in their own copies of:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 – The boy who lived, his friends, fellow students, teachers and adversaries captured the Number 2 spot among the top-selling DVDs.
- Disney can boast of three of the top ten sellers from last week although to call Bambi, which came in at Number 9 preternatural is a bit of a stretch. Tangled at Number 4 and Tron: Legacy at Number 6 are on much more solid ground.
- The fourth preternatural film among last week’s best sellers was The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Trader which dropped anchor at Number 8.
The DVDs preternatural fans wanted to see but perhaps weren’t quite ready to buy included:
- Gulliver’s Travels was the fourth most rented DVD for the week, beating out all other preternatural films despite not making an appearance on among the top ten sellers.
- Harry and company secured the Number 5 spot with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.
- Tron: Legacy earned the Number 7 spot.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Trader didn’t move at all, holding the Number 8 spot on this list as well.